Sunday, January 15, 2012

Choices

 "Heaven on earth is a choice you must make, not a place we must find." - Wayne Dyer

Hello blog world. I have neglected you again. Sometimes I get distracted by life and things fall by the wayside. I must say, though, life has been rather interesting lately. It's amazing how many choices we have in life that we don't even think about. So why is it when it comes to making serious choices, we often freeze? At least I do. I make so many choices every day, you'd think I was a pro at it by now. There have been many choices placed before me lately that have tested my emotional threshold. Do I continue going to school for a degree that will pretty much be useless? Do I stick it out in a company I've been faithful to for so long just to retain the security, or do I try to find something I can be happy with again? Do I open myself up to the possibility of a wonderful relationship, even with the fear of failure lurking in the back of my mind? For quite some time my choices have always been conservative and safe.The road most traveled and trusted. I think it's time to step outside my comfort zone and start making some riskier choices. Choices that may be more full filling in the long run. I'm not going to lie, the idea kind of scares the crap out of me. I guess I'm going to make some of that proverbial lemonade, I just might need to spike it for a little courage.




No comments:

Post a Comment